Here are a few resources that I have put together for keyboarding practice and review.
- http://www.typingtest.com/ – older students could use this to test their wpm and even print a certificate plus it has a pacman game, bubbles underwater game, and get 4 free typing games (all of these resources are under “typing games” tab).
- http://www.freetypinggame.net/play.asp – this site has cool typing games as well as well as 30 lessons (each introducing two keys) with goals – only issue it is overrun with ads.
- http://www.typingpal.com/Exercises/ – I like this one a lot but it requires you to create a login – we could use the 30 day free trial for some of the younger ones and they could login in at home too…
- http://www.powertyping.com/ – this site is pretty basic but it has Qwerty and Dvorak and lessons to go with each – lessons and games are sequential – this might be really good for K.
- http://www.typingmaster.com/individuals/typingtest.asp – this one might be good for your older students. It is a free download with warm-up games and then it will test speed and track personal result history.
- http://www.customtyping.com/typing_tutor-schools.htm – I really like this one for the younger ones and we can get a 30-day free trial that could also be used at home. We could either use the free trial to get them warmed up or use it at the end of the course as a way to “test” them.
- http://kids.learn2type.com/ – this one might be good to measure students – it is free (no download/no trial) – it deals with touch typing and will adjust to their skill level – might be good for quizzes.