This is a supplement to “Appy Hours 4 You” Blog Talk Radio Show: Episode 5 – “HOT Apps 4 Brainstorming“. In this episode, we featured 7 free apps that can be utilized for mind-mapping, note-taking, and brainstorming and discussed the functionality of each app and what features were available as in-app purchases or with companion apps and software.
This week we discussed the following free apps:
- T-Chart : See pro-con example in Can the Ban post.
- iBrainstorm (website): Check out the iBrainstorm Companion to have students “flick” post-its to the iPad. Check out iBrainstorm examples on their site or upload yours to share on Flickr with the tag “ibrainstormapp”.
- Simplemind+ (website): Also available on iPhone/iPad. Download a 30 day trial of the desktop version available for PC/Mac and share/edit your mindmaps easily between all of your devices.
- Stickyboard (website): Check out their user’s guide.
- Idea Sketch (website): Similar to Inspiration – has outline & graphic modes.
- Popplet Lite: This app was also featured and discussed in the second episode of “appy hours 4 u: Screencasting, Problem-Solving, & Digital Storytelling.” Also check out their web app (will require logins) and these examples:
- Sequencing Example
- Math Example: Vocabulary & Classification
- HOT Apps 4 HOTS Agenda
- ELAR Example: Ophelia Character Map
- Tech Example with Web App embedded
- iCardSort Lite (website): visit their public repository for pre-created decks and check out their newsletter for integration ideas.
- Elementary Science Example
- MS Math Example using vocabulary with handouts and lesson
- Sorting example for “Words 4 Students”
- Videos highlighting basic use and how to integrate in a literature circle