In preparation for our “Hot Apps 4 HOTS” workshop which will be offered at TCEA 2012, we have created an ePub to serve as the framework for the course.
The ePub includes 9 task cards. There is a task card for each level of Bloom’s taxonomy. (If an app was only available on the iPad 2, we included a secondary task card to be used with the iPad 1). Each task card includes:
- Bloom’s Level & Definition
- App(s) Used with a Brief Description (all apps are free)
- Task Summary
- Step-by-Step Directions for the Task
- Example of Completed Task
- Further Thoughts
- Other Resources (includes support materials for the task as well as hyperlinks to other iLesson(s) using the app)
The ePub also includes:
- The Story behind our ePub
- Resources and setup
- iPad Basics (includes information about getting an app, launching an app, changing orientation)
- Acquiring Content (includes tips and how to’s for taking pictures and video, saving an image from the web, taking screenshots, adding content through iTunes, and adding content through a shared Dropbox)
- Submitting Products
- Author Biographies
The ePub is available in iBooks for TCEA 2012 participants (and any anyone else interested) to download and enjoy!
TCEA Notes: Participants will want to download the iBook and the following apps prior to the workshop to ensure optimal productivity during the Bring Your Own Device session. Here is a list of the apps that will be utilized during the workshop:
TCEA SlideShare: (my apologies about formatting discrepancies between Keynote and PPT)
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.