This is a supplement to “Appy Hours 4 You” Blog Talk Radio Show: Episode 21: “The 1 iPad Classroom“. In this episode the famous Lisa Carnazzo (2nd grade elementary teacher and iChef) joined us to discuss her iClassroom. She touched on classroom management, the process of planning an iLesson, what road blocks she has encountered and how she overcame them, and the impact the iPad has had on student learning and engagement. She also highlighted some of her favorite apps and iLessons.
Stream this week’s episode or download it in iTunes directly.
Explore some of Lisa Carnazzo’s iLessons:
- Seasons (Science lesson using Puppet Pals)
- The Water Cycle (Science lesson using ScreenChomp, Songify, and Talkapella)
- Inferencing (Language Arts lesson using Talking Tom’s Love Letters and Popplet Lite)
- Weather (Science lesson using WunderMap and Talking Tom & Ben News)
- Job Application (Language Arts lesson using VoiceThread)
- Probability (Math lesson using Doodle Buddy and ScreenChomp)
- Parts of Speech (Language Arts lesson using Tacky Wales Create)
- Problem-Solving & Word Problems (Math lesson using Puppet Pals)
- Objects in Motion (Science lesson using iCardSort)
- Sums of 10 (Math lesson using Talking Tom, Ben, Gina, etc…)
- Short Vowels (Language Arts lesson using Songify)