I recently wrote a post about “Creating and Collecting Digital Work“. When my son brought home this really charming and heart-warming hand drawn “about me” book, I instantly wanted him to tell me about each picture. His descriptions were so amusing and charming, I felt inspired and compelled to create a digital artifact of his work… with my iPad.
Here are the steps:
- Take a photo of each page
- Crop photos as needed
- Bring any photos into Skitch that had a name or identifying information (as I knew I would be posting info online) and color over that info. This is also a good idea if you have students with certain acceptable use and publishing regulations.
- Save the edited photo to your photo roll
- Import all of the photos in order in to Sonic Pics
- Have your student record a description for each picture
The recording isn’t perfect, but I will tell you that the first take for a small child tends to be the best take as they are most candid and they become exasperated with rerecording the same material.
FREEBIES and GOODIES OH MY!
TechChef4u now offers a Doc Locker full of freebies and goodies that can be used in the classroom. Lots of resources and templates can be found in the Creatively Productive Digital Downloads Doc Locker. Just sign up using the form below and you will receive an email shortly with a secret link to the site and password to nab your freebies.