I recently wrote a post about “Creating and Collecting Digital Work“. When my son brought home this really charming and heart-warming hand drawn “about me” book, I instantly wanted him to tell me about each picture. His descriptions were so amusing and charming, I felt inspired and compelled to create a digital artifact of his work… with my iPad.
Here are the steps:
- Take a photo of each page
- Crop photos as needed
- Bring any photos into Skitch that had a name or identifying information (as I knew I would be posting info online) and color over that info. This is also a good idea if you have students with certain acceptable use and publishing regulations.
- Save the edited photo to your photo roll
- Import all of the photos in order in to Sonic Pics
- Have your student record a description for each picture
The recording isn’t perfect, but I will tell you that the first take for a small child tends to be the best take as they are most candid and they become exasperated with rerecording the same material.