Most of the time I focus on integration tips and examples for teachers. Today, I decided to change the pace and share some management tips for the device at home. With a 1:1 iPad initiative in full swing, setting boundaries with the iPad at home can become an issue. To support our Eanes parents, we developed a Digital Learning Parent seminar series.
- Vigilance: suggests homework be completed in a common area and iPad stored and charged in a common area (say goodnight to your iPad)
- Accountability: shares how to manage the multi-tasking bar (great video example)
- Notifications: discusses how to turn off notifications to manage distractions (Do Not Disturb info)
- Guided Access: restricts students to one app (more info here)
- Restrictions: restrict access to age-appropriate content and apps (NB has great info on their student device restrictions’ settings).
iPad Tips 4 Parents Comic Poster: Inspired by some of the Comic Life tutorials, I decided to create a comic strip version of this info to share with parents. (Also check out Greg Garner’s “Top 10 iPad Management Tips and Tricks”).
iPad Tips 4 Parents by Lisa Johnson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://whs.eanesisd.net/wifi/wifiparents.
550+ iPad Lessons Pinned HERE!
Did you know TechChef4u had a FB page?
Contact TechChef4u: email@example.com