Camp Plug and Play
Tuscon, Arizona July 8-12
Camp Plug & Play 8.0 offers a world-class professional development experience where participants are immersed into one of five topics for the week. Each strand is taught by knowledgeable and patient facilitators who have a strong passion for empowering teachers and students with technology. You will receive practical instruction and lots of hands-on time so that you leave with new knowledge, skills, and confidence to use what you’ve learned in your classroom
Mobilizing Grades K-2
Calling all iPioneers! Learn how to seamlessly trailblaze the iClassroom frontier with one iPad or multiple mobile devices. Besides exploring a plethora of consumptive and product-based apps and iResources to support and engage student achievement from instruction, to practice, to publishing, participants will get lots of hands-on time to collaborate and explore mobile learning through the eyes of a kindergartner, first grader, or second grader. Participants will leave with a myriad of integration ideas and digital artifacts that can be utilized in multiple classroom settings (e.g. whole group, pass-around, small groups, and stations). Round up your core standards and curriculum, and leave with heaps of great apps, strategies, and ideas for young learners.
Be sure you know your device’s iTunes password for the App Store. A list of the apps that will be used in this session will be sent out a few weeks before camp. If you can’t bring your own iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone, we’ll have an iPad for you to use.
- Integrate iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into multiple classroom configurations and settings.
- Evaluate apps and resources to utilize with your curriculum and standards.
- Transform paper and pencil tasks into digital learning artifacts.
- Utilize teacher tools for presentation, polling, collaboration, assessment, and file management.
- Create and share a bank of digital curricular ideas that can be accessed all year long.