*** Bear with me on this one… and please know that even if you have not read the book or seen the series… you will be able to relate and utilize the resources shared… ***
The Back Story…
I have been reading the Outlander series since my Senior year of high school. It only took close to two decades to bring this beloved epic historical fiction series to the screen. As I am hopelessly sucked in to the highlander realm eight episodes deep… the series goes on hiatus… until April (I know… heavy sigh….).
Coping with the Hiatus…
Trying not to fash myself… and knowing that I couldn’t blog about Outlander just to blog about Outlander… this TechChef had to find a way to tastefully blend her literary palette with a crafty instructional recipe. SAMR seemed to be the perfect framework for serving up this topic as the technologies we have available today have redefined how we can interact with the content and the series (cue Twitter chats).
As more and more literary classics are transformed for the screen… consider the possibilities of connecting with the actors and director and gaining insight as to their stylistic choices as they are being made. Thus, to bide my time until April… “Outlander SAMR was born…” – I hope you enjoy this S.A.S.S.Y. Sassenach 😉
The Birth of Outlander SAMR…
Installing the S.A.S.S.Y. SAMR 2.0 Update…
As I began wrapping up this post and prepare to reveal S.A.S.S.Y. SAMR 3.0 at Miami Device this week… it occurred to me that I hadn’t even shared S.A.S.S.Y. SAMR 2.0 in an official blog post. Have you installed the update complete with additional app-tivities and discussion questions?
Back Up… What is S.A.S.S.Y. SAMR?
HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST TECHCHEF GAZETTE ISSUE? Preparing for Back to School and Beyond…
TechChef Techucation Gazette: Sign up to receive future issues of the monthly e-Newsletter: There are many more learning app-ortunities and professional development toolkits to come. If you don’t want to miss a morsel of this techucation feast, sign up today.
Hungry for MORE… EXPLORE the TechChef4u Alliteration Alliance!
Check out the other topics in the Ed Tech alliteration portfolio:
- MULTIPURPOSE MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF IPAD BINGO CARDS
- MINDFUL MONDAY: COLLECTING REFLECTIONS
- MAGNIFICENT MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF SOCIAL POSTERS FOR LIFELONG LEARNERS
- MARVELOUS MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF APP CHALLENGES 4 ALL
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP TUESDAY: SURVIVING THE DIGITAL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
- TOTALLY EDUPRENEURIAL TUESDAY: THE FUTURE OF ED TECH
- TOTALLY TECHUCATION TUESDAY
- THRIFTY TUESDAY: TRANSFORMATIONAL IPAD GRANTS
- WINSOME WEDNESDAY: DELIGHTFUL STUDENT PUBLISHING
- WICKED-GOOD WEDNESDAY: 3 IDEAS WORTH STEALING
- WICKED-GOOD WEDNESDAY: REAL PD THAT ACTUALLY WORKS
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC THOUGHT LEADERSHIP THURSDAY
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC INTEGRATION AND CELEBRATION THURSDAY
- iPAD FILM FESTIVAL FRIDAY
- FIERCE FRIDAY: TECHCHEF4U’S EPIC PHOTOMAP PD RECAP
- FREEBIE FRIDAY: 50+ EDITABLE IPAD GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS AND PROJECT TEMPLATES
FREEBIES and GOODIES OH MY!
TechChef4u now offers a Doc Locker full of freebies and goodies that can be used in the classroom. Lots of resources and templates can be found in the Creatively Productive Digital Downloads Doc Locker. Just sign up using the form below and you will receive an email shortly with a secret link to the site and password to nab your freebies.