As the new school year begins, I thought it might be nice to catch up with one of my favorite iClassroom teachers, Ms. Carnazzo. Not only does she have her own Twitter teacher feed, but she has created a classroom Twitter account (@CarnazzosClass) to communicate with parents and other classrooms around the world. To visually showcase all of the iLearning, she uses Time Kiwi to turn her twitter feed into a visual timeline. As most of the posts are videos and images, it plays out beautifully and serves as a visual reminder of learning all year long. Lisa Carnazzo is an excellent model for how to be a narrative champion for her students and leave a beautiful digital learning legacy behind.
- TimeKiwi will also aggregate other services such as Flickr and Facebook.
- Use apps like Turbo Collage, Pic Collage, PolyFrame to create collages for one post rather than posting a series of images all day long
- Use apps like Skitch to add text to images
- TimeKiwi is iOS friendly and will showcase the feed in vertical and horizontal timeline mode on your iPad.
- Of course, I felt compelled to create my own…TechChef4u’s Timekiwi
- Check out how other schools and districts are using Twitter and FB
- Great checklist for using Twitter in the primary classroom