Tasked to modify an existing paper-based lesson on classifying triangles to be more multimedia (and mobile) in nature, I chose to create two separate lessons:
Direct Instruction: If teachers wanted to include a direct teach piece, the following videos would serve the purpose.
- Student Task 1: Utilize the deck below to view the 7 mystery triangles. Check your understanding by flipping the card over to get the answer.
- Student Task 2: Draw a triangle to match the description for each of the mystery triangles using Paint or Smart Notebook Express (or a recording sheet).
- Student Task 1: Access the Mystery Triangle deck using an iDevice and the Flashcards* app:
- Launch Flashcardlet app.
- Tap Flashcards.
- Tap + sign in upper right hand corner to Download from Quizlet.
- Tap in the search space.
- Type “Techchef4u”.
- Tap Creator and tap Search.
- Select Mystery Triangle Exercise.
- Tap Add to Library.
- Tap Cancel and tap Library to return to your personal Flashcard library.
- Tap to select Mystery Triangle Exercise to review deck.
- Tap Study and start studying.
- Review all 7 cards in the deck: swipe to go to the next card and tap on a card to see the back of the card.
- Student Task 2: Draw a triangle to match the description for each of the mystery triangles using Popplet Lite, iPen Free, or or Xnote.
- Have students create their own Quizlet deck for Mystery Quadrilaterals.
- Utilize Doodle Buddy, Story Lines for Schools, or TypeDrawing FREE to illustrate triangles.
- Have students make a talking triangle video for a specific triangle using Mad Lips.
- Have students create an instructional video to teach classifying triangles using ScreenChomp, Explain Everything, ShowMe, or Educreations. (See example Classifying Triangles video from Math Lambert).
- Have students create their own triangle song using Songify, Video Star, or Videolicious.
FREEBIES and GOODIES OH MY!
TechChef4u now offers a Doc Locker full of freebies and goodies that can be used in the classroom. Lots of resources and templates can be found in the Creatively Productive Digital Downloads Doc Locker. Just sign up using the form below and you will receive an email shortly with a secret link to the site and password to nab your freebies.