I am always enamored and entranced with virtual worlds and tours. I find them inspiring and rich with vivid and enchanting imagery. Thought I would share 5 ideas for how these apps can be used to support literacy in the iClassroom:
- Write about a character that lives in one of these worlds
- Write a descriptive paragraph or poem about the setting including the sounds and sights
- Create a movie or cartoon using these worlds as a backdrop (e.g. screenshots) for inspiration
- Compose a postcard from one of the destinations as if you have actually visited there
- Discuss how time has changed various locations and imagine writing a letter from someone living there now to someone in the past
How else might you use these virtual worlds and tours to support creative writing and literacy? Please share in the comments section.
[listly id=”1yC” theme=”light” layout=”full” numbered=”yes” image=”yes” items=”all”]
375+ iPad Lessons Pinned HERE!
Did you know TechChef4u had a FB page?