This is a supplement to “Appy Hours 4 You” Blog Talk Radio Show: Episode 22– “Surprisingly Educational Apps: Part 4“. In this episode we featured multiple edutainment apps that that at first glance might not appear educational. For each free app we shared multiple integration ideas that span across content areas and grade levels. Check out our other installments of “Surprisingly Educational Apps1”, “Surprisingly Educational Apps 2“, and “Surprisingly Educational Apps 3“.
This week we discussed the following free apps:
- Visual Poet (see their gallery)
- TypeDrawing for FREE (see examples in Math, More Math, Language, and their gallery)
- For All Seasons (get For All Seasons on your Mac or PC)
- Sketchbook Express & SketchBook MobileX
- Fotolr Photo Studio HD & Fotolr Photo Studio
- Painting with Time
- Painting with Time: Climate Change
- Mad Lips
- Political Time Machine (was FREE at the time of our notes)
- Motivational Poster (was FREE at time of episode)
- VidRhythm (See iChallenge details below).
“Appy Hours 4 U” iChallenge: We really want VidRhythm to be considered “Surprisingly Educational” – we LOVE this app and find it to be intensely engaging! However, we have been unable to assign some sort of core classroom integration to the app. Thus, “Appy Hours 4 U” will award a $10 iTunes Gift Card to the best user submission for how VidRhythm can be used instructionally and purposefully in a core classroom. Leave a Comment Below: Include your name, contact email, and idea for how the app can be used instructionally in the iClassroom. We will choose the best submission and announce the winner on our April 5th episode and in the TechChef4U blog.