With Apple Under 13 and new parameters for enrollment of iPads within JAMF’s Casper system, this year of iPad deployment and support has been full of new learning app-ortunities and challenges. In fact, I feel as if I have been living and breathing and even sleeping iPads since the beginning of school. That being said, these experiences have fostered deeper learning about our initiative and continued ways to fine tune managing devices to sharpen their impact within the instructional setting. Reflecting upon the past two months, I found these experiences and resources could be easily divided into 3 different platters: Students, Parents, and Process.
- Student iPad Orientation iTunes U Course: This course serves the purpose of providing all iPad set up and instructional materials in one place that is easily accessible and can be stored on their device for later reference.
- Student iPad Apps for Secondary: As many students may not know what apps are provided to them or what these apps do (especially the ones that are similar in nature), this Thinglink provides a quick overview of some of the apps that are essential for workflow and productivity.
- Social Media Awareness: A Letter for Parents: This is a fantastic post from Carl Hooker highlighting a letter that was sent to parents addressing social media and student’s digital footprints.
- Digital Parenting 101 iTunes U Course: Carl has designed an excellent iTunes U course to serve and support parents as well.
- Staying Sane in Cyberspace: This is a Listly that TechChef assembled highlighting multiple tools, parent/child technology agreements, and articles to aid parents in navigating conversations with their mobile natives.
- 6 Do’s and Don’ts for Secondary iPad Deployment: This is a recent article TechChef published highlighting Do’s and Don’ts of secondary iPad deployment.
- Bowling with Bumper Rails: iPad Restrictions in Schools: Another epic article from Carl Hooker sharing some of the iPad Restrictions that have been added to devices at each grade level and the rationale behind this decision.
- A Whole New World of Apps (for the Under 13 Generation): And one more Carl Hooker article highlighting the new Apple Under 13 program from app provisioning and app personalization to content distribution and parent involvement. (Also check out this article from the Bobcat Blog highlighting this process.)
Certainly this list of resources is in no way comprehensive but I think it does a good job of highlighting both the reflections of the process as well as the instructional resources that have been designed to underpin the ever-evolving nature of iPad management and instructional support.
Of course, I could not forget my educators… I have one delicious new resource for y’all as well…
- First Steps with iPads in both Elementary and Secondary
- Critical Considerations to keep in mind
- 8 Must Have Apps for Back to School with iPads
All 8 of the apps are evergreen in nature (can be used year round in a variety of different ways) and quite a few have had feature updates that will definitely leave you brimming with ideas and inspiration.
HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST TECHCHEF GAZETTE ISSUE? Preparing for Back to School and Beyond…
TechChef Techucation Gazette: Sign up to receive future issues of the monthly e-Newsletter: There are many more learning app-ortunities and professional development toolkits to come. If you don’t want to miss a morsel of this techucation feast, sign up today.
Hungry for MORE… EXPLORE the TechChef4u Alliteration Alliance!
Check out the other topics in the Ed Tech alliteration portfolio:
- MULTIPURPOSE MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF IPAD BINGO CARDS
- MINDFUL MONDAY: COLLECTING REFLECTIONS
- MAGNIFICENT MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF SOCIAL POSTERS FOR LIFELONG LEARNERS
- MARVELOUS MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF APP CHALLENGES 4 ALL
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP TUESDAY: SURVIVING THE DIGITAL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
- TOTALLY EDUPRENEURIAL TUESDAY: THE FUTURE OF ED TECH
- TOTALLY TECHUCATION TUESDAY
- THRIFTY TUESDAY: TRANSFORMATIONAL IPAD GRANTS
- WINSOME WEDNESDAY: DELIGHTFUL STUDENT PUBLISHING
- WICKED-GOOD WEDNESDAY: 3 IDEAS WORTH STEALING
- WICKED-GOOD WEDNESDAY: REAL PD THAT ACTUALLY WORKS
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC THOUGHT LEADERSHIP THURSDAY
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC INTEGRATION AND CELEBRATION THURSDAY
- iPAD FILM FESTIVAL FRIDAY
- FIERCE FRIDAY: TECHCHEF4U’S EPIC PHOTOMAP PD RECAP
- FREEBIE FRIDAY: 50+ EDITABLE IPAD GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS AND PROJECT TEMPLATES
FREEBIES and GOODIES OH MY!
TechChef4u now offers a Doc Locker full of freebies and goodies that can be used in the classroom. Lots of resources and templates can be found in the Creatively Productive Digital Downloads Doc Locker. Just sign up using the form below and you will receive an email shortly with a secret link to the site and password to nab your freebies.