This is a supplement to “Appy Hours 4 You” Blog Talk Radio Show: Episode 19 – “Hot Apps 4 HOTS: From iCeption to ISBN“. In this episode we discuss our journey to the iBookStore and some tips for self-publishing. We answered questions and gave more information on the following topics.
- iCeption: Our Inspiration for the Book
- Why we chose product-based FREE apps?
- What type of research and preparation went into the book?
- Why we chose a cooking theme?
- Where we got a template?
- The evolution of the book and what events led us to change our course
- Info on How to get an ISBN
- Info on Creative Commons Licensing
- What resources the book contains for presenters and educators?
- Who Reviewed our book?
- Who designed the cover art?
- How do you handle spacing in Pages/ePubs?
- ePub Checker
- Getting ePubs on a device without publishing to iBooks
- iTunes Connect Online Application & Free Books Account
- The iBooks Review Process
Here are some other articles on self-publishing that we found useful:
- eHow: How to Publish Content on Apple iBooks
- Creating ePub files with Pages
- Apps in Education: ePub – Publishing your own books for the iPad
- Dragos Roua: How to Self-Publish On Amazon, Kindle, and iBookstore
Stream this week’s episode or download it in iTunes directly.
Many thanks to all of you who have rated and reviewed the iBook on your site or in the iBookStore.
Customer Rating(s): “HOT! by *MuSiC*:) Devoured this inspiring treat! Loved the detailed directions using these amazing free apps. Thank you for writing and sharing it with the world!”
District Comments: “I already sent this out to all the facilitators and my staff on my campuses yesterday. I saw your tweet the night before and had already downloaded it and read it! You are a ROCKSTAR! This is awesome! I love it, I love the step by step directions for the teachers in as well as it being all free apps! Ideas were just spinning in my head. My coordinator replied back how wonderful it was as well as the rest of the facilitators! Do you ever sleep? Oh my goodness you do a lot. I am thankful you do because I have learned so much from all your sites and everything. I also shared your site at our last Tenor meeting last month with surrounding school districts! Thanks for all your awesomeness!:-)” – Donita O’Hair (Technology Integration Facilitator – Frisco ISD)
“Free Technology for Teachers” featured Hot Apps 4 HOTS