I have to say I don’t typically blog to blog… I blog because I am moved to share, reflect, or archive something I feel has merit and value in the edusphere (and I do not endorse products and apps lightly). The new development of WordPlay Shakespeare iBooks definitely jives with these ideals and made me “as merry as the day is long”. While I am a self-proclaimed Shakespeare buff, I have to say Shakespeare proves to be an arduous reading for many (see clip below).
One person, Alexander Parker (@afmparker) and The New Book Press (@thenewbookpress) seeks to make Shakespeare accessible to all. Truly Shakespeare was never meant to be read… it was meant to be acted.
“The short and the long of it” is that the New Book Press has created a revolutionary new iBook (accessible on both the Mac and the iPad) that seeks to inform the language through the performance by providing Shakespeare’s text side by side with a custom production.
“But really… What the dickens is WordPlay Shakespeare, you say?”
“As good luck would have it”, Alexander Parker kindly spent some time with our Freshman and Senior teachers this week showcasing the WordPlay books as well as sharing some pedagogical nuggets for utilizing the books in the classroom with students.
Sadly my sketch notes skills are quite shabby and do not measure up to the likes of Brad Ovenell-Carter (@braddo) and Tracy Clark (@tracyclark08) or the annointed infographic genius of Sean Junkins (@sjunkins)… so I opted to recap this information by app-smashing the free InstaMag app and Thinglink app.
“Sweet are the many uses of Thinglink”
Beyond the pedagogical tips I have included some ideas for morphing student Shakespeare projects utilizing the iPad as well as a range of student samples from a variety of plays.
“Something transformative this way comes…”
I am super stoked to get this tool in the hands of students. Stay tuned for an updated post in spring when we begin to devour the text in the classroom setting.
HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST TECHCHEF GAZETTE ISSUE? Preparing for Back to School and Beyond…
TechChef Techucation Gazette: Sign up to receive future issues of the monthly e-Newsletter: There are many more learning app-ortunities and professional development toolkits to come. If you don’t want to miss a morsel of this techucation feast, sign up today.
Hungry for MORE… EXPLORE the TechChef4u Alliteration Alliance!
Check out the other topics in the Ed Tech alliteration portfolio:
- MULTIPURPOSE MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF IPAD BINGO CARDS
- MINDFUL MONDAY: COLLECTING REFLECTIONS
- MAGNIFICENT MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF SOCIAL POSTERS FOR LIFELONG LEARNERS
- MARVELOUS MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF APP CHALLENGES 4 ALL
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP TUESDAY: SURVIVING THE DIGITAL ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
- TOTALLY EDUPRENEURIAL TUESDAY: THE FUTURE OF ED TECH
- TOTALLY TECHUCATION TUESDAY
- THRIFTY TUESDAY: TRANSFORMATIONAL IPAD GRANTS
- WINSOME WEDNESDAY: DELIGHTFUL STUDENT PUBLISHING
- WICKED-GOOD WEDNESDAY: 3 IDEAS WORTH STEALING
- WICKED-GOOD WEDNESDAY: REAL PD THAT ACTUALLY WORKS
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC THOUGHT LEADERSHIP THURSDAY
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC INTEGRATION AND CELEBRATION THURSDAY
- iPAD FILM FESTIVAL FRIDAY
- FIERCE FRIDAY: TECHCHEF4U’S EPIC PHOTOMAP PD RECAP
- FREEBIE FRIDAY: 50+ EDITABLE IPAD GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS AND PROJECT TEMPLATES
Where will Lisa Johnson be sharing her app-thusiasm next?
- Technology in Elementary Education Conference (College Station): Keynoting
- TIC 2014 in June (Iowa): Keynoting
- iPadpalooza 2014 in June (Austin)
- SDE Power Up! 2014 in July (Vegas)
- ETT Summit 2014 in July (Chicago)
- ETT Summer iPad Workshops in August (Austin)
- Miami Device 2014 in November (Miami)
- Stay Tuned for Updated 2015 Dates!
1:1 Deployment and Interested in 1:1 Deployment or PD strategies and implementation? Looking for a dynamic presenter or interactive workshop? Contact TechChef4u (firstname.lastname@example.org) for parent presentations, hands-on workshops, keynotes, and much more! Read testimonials about TechChef presentations.
Contact TechChef4u to schedule Spring and Summer PD and Workshops: email@example.com