If you are unable to attend Mobile 2012, we are hoping this will be the next best thing.
Below is a line-up of the first four speakers. The sessions will be LIVE on “Appy Hours 4 U“. During the LIVE show, the speakers will be available to answer questions through a Todays Meet room which will be posted during the live show. Shortly after the live show, the episode will be archived and available in “Appy Hours 4 U” iTunes.
- Tony Vincent & Felix Jacomino: Listen LIVE Wednesday April 4th @ 3:30 pm CST!
- Tony Vincent (Twitter: @TonyVincent):
- Tony Vincent started teaching fifth grade fourteen years ago when it wasn’t so easy to publish online. Knowing that students were motivated to see their work on the Web, Tony first had students write their book reviews on Amazon.com. Later, his students spent each school year adding to their classroom site, Planet 5th. They published writing, photos, journals, art, videos, and more.Planet 5th became so popular that it received thousands of hits from around the world. In 2001 his students began using Palm handhelds, and ever since Tony has been an advocate for mobile learning. He developed Radio WillowWeb in 2005, making it one of the first podcasts by students. Tony left classroom teaching to become a consultant in 2006. While he misses his former school, he’s had amazing experiences as a consultant. Currently based in Phoenix, Arizona, Tony has worked with teachers and students from around the world.
- Tony is an Organizer for Mobile 2012 and will be presenting 3 sessions focusing on the topics of Project-Based Mobile Learning and Collaboration.
- Felix Jacomino (Twitter: @FelixJacomino):
- Felix Jacomino is the Director of Technology in a private, 1:1 iPad, school in Coconut Grove, FL. Felix has a great passion for teaching that authentically engages students. He graduated with a degree in Education and also studied computer networking and is a certified network engineer. The combination of his education background and technological skills has proven to be ideal in guiding his current school and technology integration team to be technological leaders in the South Florida community. Most common hashtags you will see Felix use are #edtech, #edchat, #mlearning, #ipad, #edapp, #pbl and, of course, #mobile2012!
- Felix’s Mobile 2012 sessions will include: 21st Century Learning & Tools in Primary Grades and Combining 21st Century Skills and Project-Based Learning.
- Diane Darrow (Twitter: @DianeDarrow): Listen LIVE Thursday April 5th @ 3:30 pm CST!
- Diane Darrow is the Information Media Specialist at Bel Aire Elementary School in Tiburon, CA. She is constantly entertaining innovative ways the iPad can improve curriculum and instruction for schools. Her classroom instruction experiences include teaching at the preschool, elementary and University level. Her educational training is in Early Childhood Education, Montessori, Reading Recovery, Gifted and Talented Education, Fine Arts, and Online Teaching. In her spare time, she writes reviews for TeachersFirst.com and occasionally contributes blogs about mobile technology for Edutopia. In 2011, she was named an Apple Distinguished Educator.
- Diane’s Mobile 2012 presentations will include: Inquiry-Based App Activities for Elementary, Literature Circle on the iPad, and Writing as Child’s Play.
- Derek Keenan (Twitter:@MrKeeenan): Listen LIVE Monday April 9th @ 4:30 pm CST!
- Derek Keenan is a 21st century teacher, researcher, blogger and learner from Airdrie, Alberta, Canada. He is a Technology Learning Lead in his school, bringing new and innovative ideas for learning into the classroom. He has taught with class sets of iPod Touches and iPads, and has seen some amazing developments in blending mobile learning with engaging student activities. His newest learning focus is the development and implementation of virtual learning environments and educational gaming, having received a technology grant to explore this emerging field. Derek is excited to bring even more experience and research in mobile learning back to Mobile after his appearance last year at this powerful event!
- Derek’s Mobile 2012 sessions will include: Creating and Sustaining Effective Leadership in Digital Learning, The Educational Implications of App Innovations, and The Paperless Classroom: Tools and Processes for True Digital Learning.
Stay tuned for updates to our Mobile Learning Speaker Series. Hoping to get 5-7 more added to the offerings.